No energy, vomiting, dark yellow and stinking urine. Taking Metformin for insulin resistance. Average timeframe of symptoms?

Three wks ago I was diagnosed with insulin resistance due to continuous weight gain in the last year and hot flashes, and was given Meformin 500 2x a day (breakfast, lunch). I know every organism is different, but I have absolutely no energy, throw up, and my urine is dark yellow and stinky. Is this normal? If so, what is the average timeframe of these symptoms? I can hardly get out of bed in the morning due to lack of energy - it s hard to work feeling like I do now. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012