No bleeding for months or no period at all. Why do I bleed when I masturbate?

I m 27 and I haven t had a regular period since highschool. I am either bleeding for months at a time or not bleeding formonths at a time. Sometimes I spot here and ther... No regularity with any if it so I never know what to prepare for. The last few years I ve noticed that when I masturbate which is a lot I bleed very heavily for a few hours to a day afterward. I to not insert anything just outside rubbing to orgasm ... Even sometimes just being aroused I start bleeding. I don t know what to do... Is this normal
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012

Thanks for writing in.
As per your symptoms in history; it does not look like it is normal. More likely it is PCOD i e polycystic ovary disease. You need to consult gynecologist for getting ultrasound scan done. Once hormonal imbalance is treated periods will become regular.

Again as you have bleeding after masturbation after just arousal , that means some thing local lesion is present which need to be treated.

The bleeding could be due to dysplastic changes in epithelium or because of sexually transmitted diseases. It needs to be examined thoroughly.
So consult gynecologist for same.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, please feel free to revert back.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.