No birth control, had sex, late periods, cramps. Reason?

Hi, so I m not on birth control . I had sex a few times this month. I am never late on my period. But this month I am. Today will be four days. I usually only cramp the day before and the day I get my period. I ve been cramping a little each day, but no period. I feel like I m getting it, then when I check, there s nothing. I m 20 years old. Please telle there is another reason for all this, other than pregnancy.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
hi thanks for writing to us
whenever there is missed periods first that has to be ruled out is pregnancy
pregnancy can occur in places other than uterus like fallopian tubes
it is always advised to do pregnancy test
there could be abdominal infection
pelvic inflammatory disease can also abdominal cramps...foul smelling discharge
do a urine pregnancy test
if not planning for pregnancy try to follow a method of contraception
condoms prevents sexually transmitted diseases
hope this information was useful