Night time bowel movements, diarrhea, abdominal pain, stomach growling, sensitive to acid like coffee. Help?

51 year old male experiencing nighttime bowel movements at least once per night as well as 5-8 bowel movements during the day. They swing back and forth between well formed and diarrhea. Occasionally I have quite a bit of very red blood...twice a week or so. I experience upper abdominal pain at least once a week. I have lost my appetite....most foods seem unappealing even when my stomach is growling. I also have heightened sensitivity to acid...things like coffee and oj used to be fine. Now anything acidic sends me running for the bismuth. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013