Newly born baby having black tongue.

hi my 2 months baby has black tongue what should i do should i worry about it??
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jun 2010
Black tongue in a two months old baby is only due to the pigmentation of the tongue. If the pigmented area is not increasing in size, there is no irregularity of margins or redness or ulcerations then most likely it is a benign lesion and does not need any treatment. If the re is any change in the pigmented area then consult your dermatologist for further investigations.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Hello mariam,

The answer is "no". Do not worry about it. It is a self limiting harmless condition and will subside on its own. And yes if it persists beyond 2 weeks the pediatrician needs to be consulted.

Hope this answer helped you.

Thanks and regards.