Newborn with UTI, mild hydro nephrosis. Urine culture shows citrobacter freundii present. What does it mean?

I have a 7 week old baby that has a uti . She has mild hydronephrosis and was on amoxicillin for the first 4 weeks of life as a preventive measure until we saw a urologist . The urologist said that the hydronephrosis was very mild and took her off antibiotics. Now, a few weeks later, she developed a uti. I only questioned it because her urine smelled very strong. She had no other symptoms- no fever, diarrhea, fussiness, etc. But here is my question- my pediatrician called with the urine culture results and said she had citrobacter freundii in her urine. What does this mean?? I have been researching online- and I am getting worried. They changed her antibiotics from amox to cipro. Please tell me all you can about this bacteria. Why would she have this and how treatable it is and if there are other things to be concerned about. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013