Newborn baby having knots on the knee. Bug bite or due to extra calcium?? Changed the formula recently

my one month old has 2 lump/knots. One is on top of his knee and one is behind his right knee..One bigger than the other but both smaller than a pea size...its sort of hard but not red. My husband thinks it is a bug bite buts its hard? Plus it doesnt have a white head on it. i just changed his formula about a week and a half ago He acted fine with it to begin with but not he acts like it hurts his tummy. Does this possibly have something to do with it? Is he possibly getting too much calcium and thats what the knots are or should I be worried?? Please help.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013

Thank you for your query.

The swellings that you mention has nothing to do with changing of the milk formula or extra calcium. It is advised that you consult your doctor who shall examine the swellings and guide you. It appears that one should wait and watch how the swellings progress.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your baby all the best.