New born has AB negative blood group, both parents have positive blood group. What is the cause?

My blood group is A+(positive) and my wifes blood group is B+(positive), and three days ago she deliver our first child having AB-(negative), we both are worried now that since this is very rare blood group what shall be possible problem for this blood group,are there any complications that can take place with AB-. and since myself and my wife have positive blood group then how can our child got negative, was there any serious lapse during pregrancy.pls reply so that my doubts can be cleared. pls reply at email id YYYY@YYYY . Kaudi Sharma- India,
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012