New born, does not sleep well, has pain on passing stools, on karicare soy. Should I change the formula?

hi there, My son is now 16 days old and he is not sleeping well and is in bad pain when he goes to the toilet. I started him on aptimal karicare which everytime he passed gas he went to the toilet. so i changed his formula to karicare soy and now he is no better condition. I am wanting to know if i should try another formula or wait and see if he settles to the soy. He drinks betweeen 50mls to 90mls 7/8 bottles a day and has around 6-9 dirty nappies a day.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012