Neuropathy, used to get duragesic patches and xanax, now seem ineffective. Help?

I was diagnoised with neuropathy over nine years ago I was given a nerve stimulation test 3 times on each leg nerves so damaged ICOULD NOT TOLERATE IT so the nerologist told my MD he would not put me through that again after many med tries I have had good results with duragesic patches on a 24/36 hr schedule along with xxanax I also am w/c bound with arthritis and now for some reason neuropathy has become uncontrolable with the xxanax not holding for more than 2-21/2 hours may doseage of xxanax is 1mg every 4 hours 7 x per day my MD doesn t have faith in what I say and neither does my family my husband does to some intent it scares him if stuff makes me sleepy but lately it has no effect. please help
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013