Nerve problems, pain in backbone, hands, sudden numbness in the right side of body. Treatment?

hello doctor... my mother suffers from nerve problems. She has a continuous pain in her backbone an both hands. Specially she has a problem in her right part of the body. According to her , sometimes she felt that her right portion of body get unconscious. sometimes during sleep she bites her tongue in subconscious mind. All the day she felt a pain in her right hand. during approx 1.5 year she suffers the prob. Can u please help her out doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012