Nerve involvement with colon problem. What besides surgery is recommended ?

Hi. I have an ongoing problem regarding bowel movements. I can only go 1-2 times per week and that s with stool softener , enema, etc. I was wondering if a nerve involvement could be the etiology of my condition. I do have some lumbar pain and weakness of the legs that is transient. I was in a MVA in 1992 which caused some C1-C-2 misalignment and a few months later, a Dx of Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia . Is it possible that there s an L4 - L5 weakness that can cause colon and hemorrhoidal problems. What besides surgery is recommended? I don t have insurance and I am a Licensed Massage Therapist therefore, I use my back and muscles frequently. I m beginning to see an umbilical bulge superiorly and worry about hiatal hernia too. I don t know my family Hx and have thought about the possibility of colon cancer, etc. I m going to see about getting in to a local clinic to see a Dr. Right now I work 2 jobs and my stress level is high. My mom died last yr and I also have signs of gall bladder problems. Pain, light greasy stool, nausea and vomiting, etc. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Feb 2011