Nerve damage, weakness in legs on standing, walking. What can be done?

I have had nerve damage throughout my body my entire life. I am a 50 year old female. I love to walk, hwoever recently that has become a problem for me. I have noticed my legs weaken on me whether I am standing or walking. It is like my legs no longer want work for me like they should. I could be standing and without warning or notice, my legs give out on me like I am going to fall. However, somehow I manage to stand erect. I do not like what is going on with my legs and feet . What is going on?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012