Negative pregnancy test, late periods, have been irregular off the pill. How to get pregnant?

I ve gotten pregnant both times the first cycle after I stopped taking birth control . Now we were trying for a third time, and I was hoping to be that successful again, but i m late a day and the test says negative. So I assume i m not pregnant even though I don t have my period yet. What I m afraid of is, I was always irregular off the pill maybe I wont get a period for months. How in the world do you get pregnant like that?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012