Need to regularize baby's sleeping schedule?

I m taking care of my almost 4 month old grand-daughter every day. How much does a baby that age normally sleep during the day ( I have her from 7 am - 6 pm) & should I be trying to get her on a schedule. I last did this 30 years ago & seem to have forgotten! Also, her mother is my daughter-in-law not my daughter. Thanks, Isabelle
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Hi Isabelle,

Thank you for your query.

A child of that age usually should sleep about 10 hours a day.Some sleep a little more.

Daytime sleep usually decreases with increasing age.Some babies sleep more during the day and feed at night.

But if a child sleeps more than 10 hours a is enough.

If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.Hope this answers your query.Wishing you well.Have a nice day.
Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
Thanks for your query,
Babies take time to regularize their sleep pattern.
By the age to 4 month baby usually sleep 15 hours a day including night sleep and day time naps.
But there is no rigid sleep pattern ,most important is that baby should be playful,taking adequate feeds,active.

Wishing your grand daughter good health.
God bless