Need to lose weight. Periods delayed due to menopause. Family history of heart disease and diabetes. On healthy diet and life style. Advice?

Last time. 51 ... Female. Entering menopause . Periods once every six Months or so. Blood work normal. No issues with thyroid or anything else at this time. Gaing weight rapidly. Never had to worry about weight ever. 5 ft 4 inches. 142 lbs. was always 118 until a few yrs a go. Eat lots of protein . Limit carbs. Salt cravings have subsided. Drink lots of water. Watching portions. Walk, bike, training bike and weights . 30 mins three to five times a week. Belly ft and breasts are huge. Concerned about future because my mothers side of the family has same issues when they hit my age and they couldn t get a handle on it and they had heart attacks and diabetes . Been athletic and thin and in shape almost my whole life. Don t k ow how to lose the weight. Tried it all I m a healthy way.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012