Need to lose weight. Done cholesterol test. Do not want to take medicines. Any recommendation?

I am a 42 year old man, 202 lbs 5 6 with a good amount of muscle but still needing so shed lbs. I go to the gym and do strength workouts 2x a week for about 50 minutes and Cardio 1x a week for about 35 minutes. My choleserol is 269, triglcerides- 158 and ldl of 178. I am healthy otherwise. My Doc wants to put me on meds. I do not want to start taking them because once you take them you don t get off them. Is there anything I can do that you would reccomend instead of medication?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013