Need to increase facial hair growth. Any hormonal treatment? Side effects?

Hello Doctor, I am 29 years male, and married and having a baby girl of age 3 months, however I have very less beard and mustache. I want to know if there is some way by which it can be normal. I have good amount of grey hair s on head. I was trying to link it to some sort of hormonal treatment and what could be the duration and side effects. Thanks in advance,
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012
Hi.Thanks for writing on HCM.According to me secondary sexual characters like beard, mustache and hair in the armpit are controlled by sex hormones.There is no specific therapy to boost hair growth and I would not recommend since the side effects due to such therapy would be higher than the expected results.