Need to constantly burp, discomfort under sternum. Drinking ginger ale. What should I do?

For the past 2 days I have this feeling like I constantly need to burp/release build-up of gas. I drink ginger ale to help alleviate that (and burp). I felt somewhat queasy so I forced myself to vomit , thinking this is what my body needed and might help ease the discomfort. I also have a slight discomfort right underneath the sternum (upper stomach?). This has only been for the passed 2 days, why do I feel this discomfort and should I force myself to throw up or is this only exacerbating the problem?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  135 Awaiting Answer