Need info on my leg pain.

hi, i have been jogging for roughly 2 months.. and im having pain on the calf of my leg... i hv done warm up and stretchings before i jog and yet after 30-40 mins into jogging, my calf starts to feel some sort of pain.. on a scale of 1 to 10, im at 8. its unbearable when it starts acting up ... i had to stop and sit down on the ground till the pain goes away for like 10 -15 mins.. I like to force and push myself to the limit when i jog... i don t know whats making my calf hurts so bad..
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

There could be cramps due to electrolyte deficiency. You need to hydrate well before you start your jog because jogging is a severe exercise. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid colas, fruits syrups, junk food. Better to drink electrolyte solutions and enough water atleast 1 hour before jog. If the pain persists, apply pain killing gel for relief as there could be microtears in the muscle due to strain. Take a break in between your jog and do mild stretching exercise as well to relax your tense muscles.