Need help in reading the internal sonography during the ovulation period. Concerned about the pregnancy

hi, i am 25 year old,i got my internal sonography done today as its my 10th day of ovulation period so the result i received is follicular size :rt ovary is 8mm and lt ovary is 8.2 mm and the endometrium is 6.5 mm so as of now m anxious and also worried abt my pregnancy..what measures should i take and dr has asked me to come on monday that is after two days..will i be pregnant or not pl tell
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Mar 2013
I appreciate your query.
Normal follicular study during the ovulation period means tracking the uterus and ovaries for normal changes during menstrual cycle
By day 10 of your period, there are some follicles ( eggs ) growing in each ovary. You have not mentioned number of follicles in each ovary. Probably 8 mm and 8.2 mm are the sizes of the lead follicle ( largest egg in each ovary )
Follicles grown at the rate of 1 - 2 mm per day, by day 14 in a normal period, ovulation occurs ( release of mature egg from the ovary )
The endometrium also grows in proportion, by the day of ovulation and afterwards, it thickens to receive a fertilized egg if pregnancy occurs.
Hence, after 2 days on day 12, lead follicles should still grow further, and by day of ovulation, size of mature egg ( there will only be one lead follicle normally ) is normally 20 - 22mm
and then signs of rupture will be looked for after a couple of days following ovulation
So, please do not panic based on this single report
Go for the entire follicular study, and then only interpretation is possible
It is imperative to have sexual intercourse around the days of ovulation to maximize chances of pregnancy.
All the best.