Need dosage information on the use of oral contraceptive pills

Hi, I am 21 years old VIRGIN girl. I have three questions: I am getting married next month, My period is due 7-8 days before my marriage date. Can I start taking Saheli (OC Pill ) pill before my marriage; on 1st day of my period (I mean before having First time sex) ? Is is mandatory to take OC pill on 1st day of period ? OR Can I start taking in NON-PERIOD days (before start of period) ? Is this tablet protect from pregnancy from 1st day of taking pill ? If not then how many days after taking FIRST pill it takes to protect from pregnancy ?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013