Neck swollen. CT Neck nasophar with IV contrast, CBC with differential and platelet count, high sensitive C reactive protein all normal. Suggestions?

2 months ago the right side of my neck was swollen (about 2 inches long) I went to the doctor had a blood test and was told I had some type of infection. He did seem a bit shocked at how swollen it was. So was given antibiotics and sent on my way. No other symptoms at all. It doesn t seem to have changed in size and last night the left side became swollen and my throat kinda felt weird. No pain though, no other symptoms. I went to the ER as it felt really strange and I figured maybe it was serious since the right was still same size and then all of a sudden the left began to swell. At the ER they did CT Neck nasophar with IV contrast, CBC with differential and platelet count, chemistry 8 test panel and high sensitive C reactive protein . Everything came back that nothing was wrong. She said the CT scan didn t show any lumps of any sort, she said it didn t even show any swelling which from touch you can easily feel that it s swollen. So they sent me home with nothing and said if it s still swollen next week to call my regular doctor or come back.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013