Neck stiffness, headaches, spiking BP. On medication for BP. History of mitral valve prolapse. Treatment?

A week ago, I developed a stiff, painful neck swollen to the point that I have difficulty breathing along with headaches that have mostly subsided. I went to the ER because of the difficulty breathing. At the ER my blood pressure was at first normal then increased to 200/175 despite the fact that I was current on my bp meds and was given additional bp meds when my bp started to increase. I have a history of high bp and a malfunctioning mitral valve . I was released from the ER with a referral to an orthopedist but I am unable to see one until 8/12/12. What can the problem be? As I am waiting for the appointment in 2 weeks, my neck is still swollen and it is painful to turn my neck.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012