Neck pain with grinding, occasional throbbing in ear, no relief with medicines. Any ideas?

Hi, my name is Lynn. Started searching neck pain with grinding & crackling sounds R side of neck, occasional throbbing R ear, pain unrelieved with tramadol or NSAIDs feel fatigued, pain wakes me up at night 2 swollen areas on same side of neck x 10 months? I ve tried heat stretching topical ointments for pain relief, so far little to no relief, pain much worse at night - I feel like I don t want to do anything & this is atypical for me. Any ideas?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013