Neck pain, shoulder and arm pain, dehydration. What is wrong?

I have neck pain in the back of my neck and the pain travels down to the right shoulder and arm . The pain usually gets greater when I go to sleep. I m very active. Not sure if it s dehydration or due to the wrong pillow or a combination of both? I used an elevated cushion last night i.e. I bent it in 2 and put it under my shoulder blades and neck whilst reading and it gave me some relieft. Prior to going to bend I laid the cushion straight and I was able to sleep without taking pain killers - I was very surprised. Any advice?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013