Neck pain on coughing, gurgling sound in vein. On prednisone, albuterol. History of chronic asthma. Treatment?

Hello, I m concerned about my 12 year old son. Yesterday he started complaining of minor neck pain when he coughs, accompanied by a gurgling feeling.g and sound on the left side of his neck. I took him to a quiet room, and you could actually hear the swooshing / gurgling going through what I would assume is his vein . I monitored him all night and he slept well. He just came to me this morning and said he now feels it on the right and front sides. I put pressure on it with my fingers and I was able to feel the gurgles going through. Now, his whole neck is hurting. He does have chronic asthma , and is taking Albuterol and Prednisone (steroids) but has never had this happen before. Please advice
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012