Neck pain, no vertebrae and injuries. Subsides after drinking water. Is there any relation ?

I experience neck pain on the right side from about the top of the shoulder to the left side of the cranium. I have had no vertebrae or neck injuries. This pain is not constant, but I have detected that it starts when I have become dehydrated. This is something I have only recently noticed as the source of this neck pain. Upon feeling the onset I immediately drink 3-4-5 or more glasses of water and continue to do so until the pain subsides. This could take a few hours to 10-12 hours. It has become difficult to drink 10-12 or more glasses of water, as this results in far too many trips to the toilet. If you have any suggestion I woulsd appreciate them.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013