Neck pain, headache, neck and shoulder blade hurting, curve spine. Broken vertebrae?

I ve been having neck pains and very bad headaches . I think the headaches are optical-related, because since I haven t had my contacts they came back, but for the past year the base of my neck, right above a shoulder blade, has been hurting and it shifts if I put pressure on it. Also if pressure is applied I hear a cracking kind of noise, and it shifts. A friend of mine who is studying to be a nurse, said it might be a cracked or broken vertebrae, but I ve been having this problem for over a year. I m just curious as to if it s fatal at all. My spine also curves, and i have very bad posture . I sleep/lay down in very awkward positions sometimes.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012