Neck pain, difficulty sleeping, lump on back of head. Have hypothyroidism. Related symptoms?

Hi. I have been experiencing dull neck pain the last two weeks. It feels worse at night. I am having difficultly sleeping. I have also noticed a lump to my the back of my head, right side, just under the hair line. I have previously had inflammation in two lymph nodes on left side neck. These were removed during a biopsy. Then I had a paritoidectomy on left side due to benign tumor that had wrapped itself around my facial nerve. This was all a year ago.
I was told by the surgeon that he believes I have an auto immune disease. I was tested for hiv and sjorens diease. Negitive. So was told I may never find out what it is.
I suffer from hypothyroidism also.
Are my symptoms now Linked to any of this?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013