Neck pain and possible involuntary movement in a 7 year old boy after a fall

My son is 7 and has started stretching his neck back every 2 to 3 minutes and I am not sure why. At first I thought it was a nervous twitch that he would do with his eyes because it looked involuntary but then he started complaining about neck pain . We just got back from vacation and I remember he fell out of the hammock onto his neck and landed on his neck on to the sand underneath him. I have a Dr appointment July 7th but until then I will just continue to give him Advil for children and alternate cold and heat. the thing that is bothering me the most is that he arches his neck backwards. He tells me it helps the pain but he can not tell me if he is doing it or if it is an involuntary movement. Any suggestions would be welcomed until I can get him to the Dr.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jul 2011