Neck pain. Deep tissue scan suggested. Family history of thyroid cancer. Thyroid test required?

Hi, My neck hurts a lot lately. but it s not like a sore throat feeling its more of the muscles connecting my neck hurt. It hurts when i swallow and breathe and laugh and i get a kind of numbness/ache a lot. i went to the doctor and they said i should get a thyroid work up and a deep tissue scan because i have a family history of thyroid cancer . i m out of town at the moment but the symptoms are getting worse. should i try and get that done here? or should i wait?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012