Neck in pain, spreading to elbows. Is a cervical MRI necessary?

I have been having alot of pain down the right side of my neck going to my right shoulder blade and traveling almost down to my right elbow , just stopping short. Recently had an MRI on my right shoulder and Thoracic, and also my lumbar , both showing nothing, was told by Doctor whom I dont have alot of faith in because he works for the insurance company that no more MRI s will be done, but have been told by other that a cervical MRI should be done.. Please help
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012