Neck cracking, numbing pain down neck, clogged ear. How can it be stopped?

Hello. For some time now the left side of my neck cracks. If I do not crack it I feel a numbing pain running down my neck. It s not a typical neck cracking but in a specific area of my left neck. I can also press the area sometime and that alone will make it crack. Sometimes the neck cracking will also cause my left ear to feel a little clogged so I often hold my nose and exhale to unclog it. I m curious as to why this is happening and how it can be stopped. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
The crackling of the joints of the neck is usually due to formation of vacuum inside the joint space. This is a harmless finding in most of the cases and is not indicative of any pathology. Please do not worry.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal