Neck and shoulder pain. Digital nerve repair done. Normal symptoms?

I had digital nerve repair almost two weeks ago, and today I started having intense pain it starts out dull then sharp and keeps going on like this repeatedly in my neck and shoulder area on the same side as the surgery was performed. Is this normal pain after the surgery? The surgeon told me that the nerve would have to grow back and attach to the nerve cell again. Could this be why I am experiencing this pain or is it something else?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012