Nausea, vomiting and cramps. Food poisoning or pregnancy?

18 5'2" 130
I recently ate some very greasy wings and i had really bad nausea and i threw it up in the morning the next day. This happened about 2 days ago, and now I am about a day or two late for my period. I would usually get it the 26th. Could it be possible that vomiting delayed my period a day or two? I do occasionally feel cramps which makes me believe that i am not pregant. I am sexually active but I do have protected sex.
Asked On : Fri, 31 May 2013
Diabetologist 's  Response

It is very unlike that vomiting delayed you periods.
Menstrual cycle is controlled by hormones and has nothing to do with vomiting.
Pregnancy is one possibility that can stop periods.
Go for a urine pregnancy test to make sure you aren't pregnant.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.