Nausea, tired, pain in side. History of ovarian cysts. What could be wrong?

My last regular period was on May 5th and ovulation should have been May 19th. My period is normally 28 days and on May 28th I began spotting dark brown and spotted for 5 days. I am always regular and normally have a pretty heavy period. My husband and I have been TTC for almost a year. I assumed that I was pregnant. On June 1st and again on June 9th I took a HPT with negative results. The past two weeks I have been very sluggish/sleepy, nauseated and on Wednesday, June 6th I started having a piercing pain in my left side. I have a history of ovarian cysts (pain is normally on right side) but this pain has been different and almost feels more muscular and only hurts when I bend or twist at my side. The pain has subsided some in the last two days. I was on a business trip last week and will be calling my ob-gyn in the morning for an appointment. Do you have any suggestions as to what could be wrong? I m assuming I am not pregnant since I do have 2 negative HPT s.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012