Nausea, stomach pain, sweating, tingling arms. What could be causing this?

My son, 40 yrs old, woke up early am with nausea , stomach pain, sweating; passed out; his wife brought him around, passed out again and was out for several minutes. He also seemed to convulse and arms were tingling . He was transported to ER where he was given fluids IV and released. This has happened a few times previously. What could be causing this?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, if the history of convulsion is there then the possibility of Epileptic seizure need to be ruled out, hope this information helps you have nice day.