Nausea and vomiting after drinking wine. Can it be due to any hormonal problem?

Hi, I went to anew years eve party & consumed 4 small glasses of white wine. I had a large meal & drank 1 glass an hour. I went to bed feeling tipsy at about 1am but woke up at 3am completely out of it & violently ill. I went back to sleep but was terribly ill the whole of the next day. Bed ridden & vomiting . I can normally hold my drink so I m nor sure what could have happened but I m nearly 41 (female) & feel I have been building an intolerance to wine as something similar took place 6 months prior. I just blew it off. My tummy hasn t been the same in over a week this time. Nausea persists. Do you think I may have developed a reaction? Is that possible? Or could it be hormonal changes taking affect? I love to drink wine here & there but feel I need to give it up at this time. Look forward to your thoughts. Thanks Rae
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013