Nausea and diarrhea. Mild gastritis and small hernia detected. Severe depression. Is there any relation between them?

Hi Doctor, 2 months ago I was a very happy person , healthy and joyful. I was on holidays on a cruise and got sick on the last day of the cruise with possible food poisoning . My husband and son did not get sick. I had extreme nausea , diahhrea. Once I got home the nausea did not stop in fact it got worse and worse. This started in January 16th 2013... Then I got pain in tummy as well and ended up in hospital 3 times. I have lost 6 kilos and started getting anxiety as they said blood work was fine. I finally had an endoscopy and it showed mild gastritis and small hernia . I always vomit in morning and nothing comes out.lack of appetite. I feel sick and sore in tummy every day. What I also started noticing is that I am getting so tired it is hard to function and last couple of weeks I ve been crying all the time and feel like I have fallen into depression . I feel so exhausted , and emotionally empty even towards my family who I love so much I feel so empty with everything. I m on ppi and painkillers when needed but wanted to ask you why or how could I get depression all of a sudden and it all started from this gastritis 8 weeks ago as before then I was soooo happy. I m scared that I won t be the happy me again and feel joy again. It s very frightening . Lucky for me my husband supports me and tells me its not be but my body .. I still feel sick every day some days worse than others. I m getting more blood tests and stool tests done as well. Your help would be appreciated . Thankyou. I m 37 years old
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013