Nasal staph infection. The swelling is spreading. Should I be concerned?

I have (I believe) a nasal staph infection. I went to the ER yesterday and they didn t think it was a big deal. They didn t draw blood , they only inspected the inside of my nostril where the drainage occurs, but I m concerned because the swelling is spreading all over my face. I was prescribed antibiotics and a topical ointment. My question is- how long will it take for the swelling to go away and do I need to be concerned? How long before I start to heal? I ll go back if necessary but I m getting nervous, now. Thank you for your time-
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012