Nasal congestion, mucus discharge from nostrils. Septoplasty done, adenoids removed. Treatment?

Hi Doctor, I have both nostrils currently blocked up. I have already had a septoplasty to correct my deviated septum , adenoid removal, turbinate reduction and polyp removal about one year ago and this does not seem to help. I have also done one round of immunology to help treat my allergies but to no avail. Just a while ago I took a hot steam shower to help alleviate sinus pressure and a golf size ball of mucus came out of my right nostril. So thick it would not go down the draid. I had to pick it up and throw it in the trash. What could be causing these recurring symptoms?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013