Hello and welcome to health care magic,
I am Dr Sriram Nathan an ENT surgeon and I will try to help you out with your problem.
You must understand that the block or nasal growth which you are feeling is either a part of the deviated septum (the central bone of the nose) or an enlarged turbinate ( a tissue found in the nose). It may rarely be a polyp but by your description it does not seem likely. You may consider the following:
1. When you pull the nose to one side the wall of the nose around the growth widens and you can breathe well. This is called COTTLES sign in ENT. You can do this as much as you want and it will not cause any permanent harm. You may develop a few wrinkles
along the skin crease though.
2. In winters the tissues such as the turbinates gets congested and enlarged which further narrow the nasal opening and your block increases. This is a common finding
3. The same explanation is for the exposure to dust and smoke and also for the loss of smell.
4. The bone of septum may not increase with age as it stops growing by the age of 18 or so but the block may increase due to the contribution from the adjacent tissues such as the turbinates.
5. If you do not get it operated then the block will increase and you may have nose block all through regardless of the weather or season. Also the block may lead to block of the sinuses
in the long run and cause sinusitis
. Although none of these are life threatening, you quality of life will be severely effected.
6. Any medication, whether it is homeopathy
or modern medication, the affect will be present (if any ) only till you are taking the medication . Thus it is only temporary and a partial relief if any.
7.Only surgery can offer you a permanent relief. It is a simple surgery in good hands. I have myself performed more than a thousand of this and I have good results. There is no external scar and the technique used is the latest endoscopic. You can contact me for more details.
hope your doubts are clear
Dr Sriram Nathan