Nasal block and suffocation with severing. What is causing this ?

My wife getting nasal block and suffocation some time, her hands severing during suffocation and she cant able talk/answer in that time. what i have to do for relief and what i have to do during suffocation.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear mohamed
welcome to healthcaremagic
Nasal block and suffocation may be possilbe due to
1. Acute (or transient) urinary incontinence
2. Acute Bronchitis
3. Acute Sinusitis
4. Acute mountain sickness
5. Acute rhinitis
6. Acute upper respiratory infection
7. Addiction
8. Adenoiditis
9. Adenoviridae Infections
10. Adenovirus infection in immunocompromised patients

So consult your nearest physician for diagonosis and treatment
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response
Hi shadiq,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
Nasal block and suffocation is common during emotional situations. There is nasal congestion due to the parasympathetic secretion in the nose. Your wife must also be having anatomical obstruction in the nose and the block is getting worsened during emotional situations. Please, consult a good ENT specialist and till then she can use saline nasal drops to clear any nasal block and do steam inhalation also.

Dr. Naveen Kumar