Narrowing exit foramina, radiculopathy etc. Full MRI results not given, kindly help me

Please help. I m Sarah, 49, 5 5 , 9.5 stone. I have severe left shoulder blade pain, bad left shoulder pain, medium left arm pain, mild neck pain . This has been going on for 16 months and doctor has done nothing about it but had a private consultant appointment recently and have just got back results of NHS MRI scan, EMG and bone density scan. Bone density scan results excellent. The MRI results I have been sent give hardly any detail at all - just that I have mild to moderate degenerative spondylosis changes at C5/6. There is some associated narrowing of exit foramina . Also mentions minor chronic neurogenic changes and cervical radiculopathy. I have spent hundreds of hours reading about all of the above and have gained some understanding but surely I need to know exactly what these changes are ie osteophytes or bulging discs etc and also what degree of foraminal stenosis I have ? I am particularly worried by the foraminal narrowing and really need to know what to what degree this is present. I believe this was brought about by 7 months of repetitive stress injury - prolonged neck hyperextension and rotation. Now RSI has stopped for 7 months I have finally stopped getting shooting stabbing pains and now have a deep deep ache in shoulder blade and area above this. I have at most before this had a few days of backache in my entire life. Also relevant is that I hurt my arms lifting 5 years ago - my right one healed but my left didn t but I did not ever get any neck or back pain with this. Doctors visit really frustrating as I asked for more details and long term prognosis with foraminal stenosis and she just said that even she didn t understand all that jargon and I should not worry about that and just concentrate on coping with the pain. I pushed her on this and I said that there could be various reasons for the stenosis and she just said that it was probably osteophytes even though she only had the same letters as me. To add insult to injury she wasn t aware of any problem with my discs as she hadn t read the first letter properly! Just told me stenosis was fact I knew more than her about it So what I need to know is 1 How do I get a full copy of radiographers MRI results 2 Any advice on foraminal treatments etc. I have been referred to pain clinic but this might take many months to come through and I cannot afford to go for treatment privately as I haven t been able to work since this happened and am well and truly on the breadline. 3 Any wisdom on what the mild to moderate degenerative spondylosis changes with associated narrowing of exit foramina is exactly? I think it is a disc bulge of some kind pressing on the foramen and not osteophytes but I could be really wrong. I really appreciate the kindness of anyone who gets back to me. I feel so alone with this. Putting up a really good fight not to succumb to depression with all this pain but occasionally the darkness gets through. Thank you again Sarah
Asked On : Mon, 17 Jan 2011