Nabothian cyst and bulky uterus with adenomyosis

What is nabothian cyst and bulky uterus with adenomyosis ?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011
hi,well your question has three different terms.we will go one by one.
Nabothynian cyst:It is a lump filled wth mucus on the surface of the cervix.It is a small raised bump ,invariably detected only during a pelvic examination by a doctor.As such is does not cause any problem and requires no treatment.
Adenomyosis:Uterine thickening that occurs when endometrial tissue lining the uterusmoves out into the outer muscular walls of uterus.Mostly occurs in women above 30yrs of age and with previous history of Cesarean section.
Bullky uterus:Adenomyosis is a cause of bulky uterus.when the size of uterus increase in volume its known as bulky uterus

Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hi Bhrigudhami!
Welcome to cyst is mucus filled cyst on the surface of cervix.they rarely cause any harm,
bulky uterus is a general term to indicate large uterus-based on size,growths etc,,
Adenomyosis is presence of endometrial tissue in the uterine muscle.It is one of the causes of bulky uterus.
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Hi there,
Nabothian cyst is a small benign cyst that is commonly seen.Its nothing to worry about and doesnt need any active intervention.Adenomyosis on the other hand is a pathology that may cause some pain,heavy bleeding etc.Treatment can be done.
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
A nabothian cyst is a mucus filled lump on the surface of the cervix. No treatment is necessary as they don't cause any problem. Adenomyosis is a condition in which endometrial tissue, which normally lines the uterus, is present within and grows into the muscular layer of uterus. Whichhappens late in your childbearing years and after you've had children. Although adenomyosis can be painful, the condition is generally harmless.