My younger brother got sudden fever & felt difficult in moving his both legs

My small brother got sudden fever past 1 weeks ago after playing football in evening he complains of fever but nobody cares him as they think that boy was just bloffing.The next day child feels difficult in moving his both leg and hands.He cannt even make a stronger fist.after few days.. his leg started geting some improvement and walked but with mild awkward gait.he complaints of pain in aand around neck and shoulder blade plus back pain too. He got treatm,ent of acupuncture also but no recovery of his hand fnctions. He cannt even squeeze the exercise ball. I am very worried wht happened to my brother, Doctors told him its only weakness of lims thats all.can u plz tell me what might happened to my brother. He is of 15 years old boy.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Aug 2010