My wife seems to have a heart problem. Her family has a history of heart problems

My wife seems to have a heart problem. Can anyone advise? She comes from a family where just about everyone has high blood pressure and dies from either myocardial infarction or congestive heart failure . She has been having (once or twice a week) what she describes as a fluttering in her chest , accompanied by an irregular pulse and breathlessness . She knows how to take a pulse cos her mum was a nurse. She went to see the district nurse for a checkup. Her BP was 115 over 82 - nice and low for her. The nurse said the fluttering/breathlessness was nothing to worry about, but I m not so sure. Any medically qualified people, or people with similar problems, got any advice? Should have said my wife is 51 and otherwise in good health.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Dec 2009