My wife is having lower abdomon pain into her legs to her knees. What could this be ?

My wife is having shooting pains from her abdomon and into her her legs to her knees. She has also been feeling like she is going to throw up with these pains. What could this be ?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Feb 2011
Hi,You need to get your wife some medical attention asap.She will need some urgent tests and examination.There can be many possiblities why the pain started but cant say without detailed history and examination.She needs a ultrasound,xray first.If required more testing will be advsied.