My wife felt a sort of popping in the front of her head. What could be the reason for this?

A few minutes a go my wife came home saying she didn t feel too well. She had just been horse riding and said that when she was straining to pull the girth tight she felt a sort of popping in the front of her head . She is 49. She says she just wants to lie down for half an hour and will be OK but it sounds worrying to me.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Having a popping sound in the head is worrisome. Due to sudden stress there might be a ruptured minor blood vessel. There might have been some injury producing the sound against the hard skull. She needs to be investigated for high B. P. or any brain hemorrhage.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal